Google has announced the acquisition of Timeful, an intelligent calendar and time management app. The internet giant says that its bringing the apps smart scheduling to Google Inbox, Calendar and other apps.
Timeful is an intelligent app that understands individual patterns of the users day. It prioritizes users various activities and time demands and schedules your day accordingly. Timeful can also built a task or to-do list around your events. It works with existing calendar software for all major platforms including iCal, Microsoft Exchange or Google Calendar. The technology of Timeline could be useful for Google as it takes the hassle out of combining scheduling and GTD task management. It is similar to what Google has been trying to do with Inbox and Google Now service.
Timeful has previously raised $7 million in funding from Data Collective, KPCB, Khosla Ventures and Ashton Kutcher’s A-Grade Ventures. The app will remain available for download on the iOS store, but since the company will be focusing on new projects at Google no future updates are expected for iPhone and iPad users. Google has not revealed the financial details of the deal.
Timeful's description on the iTunes App Store reads: Timeful brings everything that competes for your time together into one place - your meetings, events, to-dos, and even good habits you're looking to develop. It uses sophisticated algorithms to suggest the best times to schedule to-dos and habits throughout the day - based on your available time, location and most productive hours of the day. Timeful learns from your behaviors, adapts to your schedule, and personalizes the recommendations the more you use it.
Google’s Alex Gawley, director of product management for Gmail announced the news in a blog post: "The Timeful team has built an impressive system that helps you organize your life by understanding your schedule, habits and needs. You can tell Timeful you want to exercise three times a week or that you need to call the bank by next Tuesday, and their system will make sure you get it done based on an understanding of both your schedule and your priorities. We’re excited about all the ways Timeful’s technology can be applied across products like Inbox, Calendar and beyond, so we can do more of the work for you and let you focus on being creative, having fun and spending time with the people you care about."
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer