Google has announced add-ons for the Docs and Sheets apps on Android. These add-ons allow third party apps to integrate themselves into the two applications and allow for added functionality without the need to open a separate app. The company has said that it has worked with eight partners who have integrated their services into Docs and Sheets. These include DocuSign, ProsperWorks, AppSheet, Scanbot, and more.
The DocuSign add-on lets users to virtually sign a document, while ProsperWorks let the user import their CRM data to create and reports and graphs on the sheet. Another add-on, called Scanbot, lets users scan documents and convert them into editable documents. More add-ons can be found in the Google Play collections and can also be downloaded directly via the add-on menus in Google Docs or Sheets.
A few days ago, Google announced that it was adding eight new categories to the Google Play Store including Dating, Beauty, and Events. This step would not only make it easier for users to find apps, but it would also help developers as it would make their apps more discoverable. Further, the company said that it was renaming Media & Video to Video Players & Editors, while Transportation will be renamed to Maps and Navigation. These will be available on the Play Store within the next 60 days.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer