Music streaming service Gaana has rolled out a major update to its Android application. The latest version 5.0 features several new features. Gaana has also announced a tie up with Paytm, allowing users to earn talk time of up to Rs. 100 by inviting friends to Gaana.
The new features include new dark theme focussing on music. The player has been redesigned for easy access to music videos, lyrics and more. One of the important new feature is “Playlists of the hour” – where Gaana says it will highlight professionally programmed playlists that change every few hours. Users can select and unselect languages. Gaana has also made several optimisations to stream songs faster if a user is on 2G data.
In addition, in partnership with Paytm, Gaana's mobile referral program allows users to invite friends to Gaana, and earn Rs 20 free talktime for each friend who joins via Facebook. Users can invite friends directly via Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and email, and earn upto Rs 100 talktime per user.
Mr. Saurabh Goel, product head of Gaana, says, "Gaana is about music, and so we changed the interface to make the music as easy to find, and as prominent as possible."
The latest Gaana 5.0 is available for Android users, and will soon be available for iOS and Windows Phone users too.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer