Facebook has announced a human-curated list of featured events. Users in 10 cities in the US will now see a list of featured events, and are hand-picked by a team at Facebook. The company says that these events are selected to show people fun things happening locally in select cities. In order to determine which cities are included on a list, the team reviews local art, entertainment festival, music and more. The list of events will also take into consideration factors such as location and capacity. Further, the company notes that factors like whether or not the event has bought advertisements for the event on Facebook will not be considered. The 10 cities with access to the feature include Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington D.C.
Facebook Events product manager, Aditya Koolwal, told TechCrunch that the company has no plans for a standalone Events app. He said, “The cost to installing an app is high. If we can build a lot of discovery features into Facebook and get people to use them, that’s a huge win.” The report also notes that this feature can only be accessed by iOS users for now.
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer