Facebook has introduced a new feature that automatically transliterates the Roman script of English, into Devanagari, the Hindi script. This feature is available in India on the Facebook app for Android. It adds a “lightweight” Hindi editor inside the Facebook app and users will have to enable the feature by going into ‘App Settings’ and turning on the Hindi Keyboard. Once this option is selected, users will see a button added to the bar where they type. Tapping this button will transliterate the characters into Devanagari. It will also suggest similar Devanagari characters and will also remember the suggestions, which are used the most. There is also an option for users to type in the characters if they do not see the correct suggestion.
Facebook says that this feature was introduced after it received feedback that users in India would like to write using the Hindi script on Facebook. The company also noted that many of the Android devices sold in India did not support typing using Devanagari, leading to users installing a separate keyboard app. This may require users to switch between different keyboards when they want to type in a different language.
A few days ago, Facebook rolled out a group-calling feature to Messenger for Android and iOS users. The new features lets up to 50 people to participate in a call. Users will now see a new calling icon when they open a group on Messenger. Other users can also join the call while it is already going on.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer