Facebook Messenger may soon offer its users a feature that would automatically delete messages after a while. Screenshots posted on Twitter by @iOSAppChanges show a feature called “disappearing messages” being used in the Messenger app for iOS. The screenshot shows the message, “You turned on disappearing messages. New messages will disappear from this conversation 15 minutes after being sent.” The images also suggest that users will get to choose how long their messages will remain visible to other users. This will range from a minute to a whole day. Users can also choose to disable the feature if they want. Additional screenshots suggest that Messenger may also introduce an option to book a ride and give Shared Links to their contacts. However, not much is known about those features.
Back in 2014, Facebook launched Slingshot, featuring disappearing messages. The app allowed users to share photos and 15-second videos. The app also came with a ‘reply to unlock’ feature in which recipients only got to view content when they share something in return. However, the app has since been removed from the App Store and Google Play Store.
Facebook also introduced a group calling feature to Messenger a few weeks ago. The feature allowed users to make group calls to a maximum of 50 people. In order to start a call, users have to open any group in Messenger and then tap the calling icon. Participants can then join the call at their end. Other users can also join the call at any point, when it is going on.
— iOSAppChanges (@iOSAppChanges) May 1, 2016
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer