Facebook has announced a number of updated for its livestreaming platform Facebook Live. According to a report by TechCrunch, the platform will soon let user do two-person remote broadcasts, pre-schedule streams and create a virtual waiting room for viewers to wait until the broadcast starts. Further, the users will also be able to live stream via the MSQRD app that will allow them to use the app’s face masks, which work similar to Snapchat’s filters. The features will go live later this summer starting with Verified Pages, and would then start rolling out to users. The announcement was made during the VidCon conference.
The two-person broadcast will allow users to stream a video with two people in different locations. Currently it is only possible to live stream from one device. This will allow friends to “drop in” on broadcasts and be a part of the conversation. Pre-scheduling broadcasts will let creators schedule a time when they will go live and will send a notification to other users before the stream starts. These users can then hang out in the waiting room as they await the broadcast to start. This should helpful for broadcasters as they can wait until a set number of people join before they start the video.
Last week, Twitter finally launched a Periscope button for all iOS and Android users. Periscope is Twitter’s app that allows users to livestream their activities. Users will now be able to click the “Live” button which is located under the option that allows you to select media.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer