Facebook has released a new iOS app called Facebook Mentions, which can be used only by people who have verified accounts. The app is aimed to help celebrities manage their public figure pages on the social network.
Facebook says that the app is meant for celebrities or public figures to manage their Facebook account while on the go. The users will be able to see posts that mention them, and will be able to respond more quickly and easily through the dedicated app. Verified users will also be able to create new posts, participate in popular conversations as well as host live Q&A sessions from within the app. Users can request Facebook to verify their account from within the app and even if you have a verified account by Facebook, users will still have to request access before they can actually use the app.
Facebook hasn't stated whether Android or Windows Phone versions of the app will be coming anytime soon. Currently, the Facebook Mentions app is only available in the U.S. with a release in other countries planned later.
Facebook recently launched Missed call ads in India. This is the social networking giants first foray into new ad formats tailored to specific countries. Facebook is currently testing the service in parts of India and a rollout is expected over the next few months. The new feature will help cater to the 100 million Facebook users in India who will be able to request messages from advertisers by clicking and placing a "missed call" from their mobile device. Facebook stated that they recently tried a program with Garnier recently which received a strong response.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer