Facebook has announced a new Facebook Groups app, which lets users access and interact with the Facebook groups that they have joined. The app lets users post and share content that is exclusive to the group, which can be open, closed, or private. The new groups app can be downloaded from the app store for free.
According to Facebook, the new dedicated Groups app is designed to help people "share faster and more easily" with all of their groups. Groups are sorted by frequency of use and users can easily start a new group if they want. The app also allows users to control which notifications you want to see. It also comes with a Discover tab that shows group suggestions based on Pages you’ve liked in the past, or where you live and which groups your friends are in.
Facebook says in a post:
This app gives you a dedicated space for you and your groups. See all of your Facebook Groups in one place. Discuss, plan and collaborate easily and without distractions. Follow your groups here or on Facebook, whichever is easier for you.
- Create a group for just about anything.
- Share information, post photos and links, and stay in touch.
- Discover and join new groups for whatever you're into.
Users will be able to use the Groups app functionality inside the main Facebook app for iOS and Android, as well as on the desktop for now, unlike what happened with Messenger.
According to reports Facebook is also working on a new professional website called 'Facebook at work'. The site will have a similar interface like Facebook and will help users keep their personal and professional life separate. It will compete with other professional networks like LinkedIn.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer