Microsoft has announced a new update for Facebook for Windows Phone that brings a slew of new features such as video uploads, integration with Facebook Messenger, and support for new languages. The new version can be downloaded from the Windows Phone Store.
This is the fourth update since Microsoft launched the Facebook beta program in April last year. The app now has a revamped new look and Microsoft is also promising an “improved app performance.” The app offers support for more language and gets the ability to upload videos taken with Windows Phone device.
The new update integrates the app with recently launched Facebook Messenger for Windows Phone. Moreover users with Windows Phone 8.1 on Facebook will now connect directly with the People Hub, so your contacts, events, and photo albums will now all be supported by the Facebook for Windows Phone app.
Microsoft wrote in a post on the Windows blog:
"Today, Facebook for Windows Phone is receiving a major update that brings an updated design and new features that were previously available in beta. Along with the overhauled user experience and improved app performance, Facebook for Windows Phone now supports more languages and has the ability for you to upload videos taken with your Windows Phone device directly to from the app. It also supports integration with Facebook Messenger for Windows Phone. And for devices with Windows Phone 8.1, it will now connect directly with the People Hub. In Windows Phone 8.1, Facebook contacts, events and photo albums are now powered by the Facebook for Windows Phone app. If you have the app, you should receive the update shortly. If you don’t have it, download it here from the Windows Phone Store."
Facebook Messenger on Windows Phone was launched earlier this year, but comes sans any voice messaging options. The app lets you send photos privately, share location with everyone, send stickers to friends and have group conversations. Users will be able to see which of their friends are active on Facebook, send messages and add contacts to the 'People' tab. Facebook had rolled out an update for its Facebook Messenger for Windows Phone in June that made it easier to take and share photos via the app and also added a revamped gallery to give quicker access to the pictures on your smartphone.
Source: Windows Blog
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer