Facebook which received a lot of backlash for pushing its Messenger mobile app, has set up a web page to explain the app permissions in detail.
Facebook rolled out its Facebook Messenger mobile app to users last week and has received a lot of negative feedback. Many users have complained about the privacy invasion in the Messenger’s Android Terms of Service. Apparently, the messenger app asks for a wide range of invasive permissions, like the power to send texts or make phone calls without your supervision. Many people believed that the new Facebook Messenger will allow Facebook to spy on users, record all of their movements, etc.
Facebook has finally set up a page explaining in detail the Messenger apps permission to ease user fears. A Facebook spokesperson stated that the Facebook Messenger permissions have not changed. So if a users has installed the Facebook or Facebook Messenger app in the past, he has agreed to give the app the same access that a person installing the app now would receive.
Facebook confirmed last week that the messenger app split has begun. The social networking site added that the switch to messenger will benefit users as it is faster and more reliable. The app already has more than 200 million monthly users and has seen a positive response. However users who have not downloaded the app may see messages disappearing from the main Facebook app. This move will affect iPhone and Android app users. According to a Facebook spokesperson the changes will be rolled out over the coming weeks to all users.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices