Security solutions firm F-Secure has launched a new mobile application that allows users to surf the web anonymously. Called 'Freedome', the app allows users to hide their IP addresses and real location. F-Secure is touting the app as an ideal response to the ongoing cyber snooping.
"When you connect to the Internet, your device is assigned a unique IP address. Freedome masks your IP, so you can surf anonymously under the protective F-Secure Cloud. All that is precious -– from identity to location -– stay hidden and private," F-Secure Country Manager (India and SAARC) Amit Nath is quoted as saying.
F-Secure makes it clear it does not keep log of users' traffic, user name or contact details.
"With Connection Protection, government officials and any regular user can stay anonymous, shielded wherever you go. While using WiFi, your traffic is encrypted so nobody can tap into your communications. Users are totally anonymous from start to finish -– even from us. We are a security company, but we don't believe security should come at the expense of privacy," Nath added.
F-secure recently launched its mobile security application., which supports banking protection, browsing protection, and anti-theft, parental control and app scanning.
“With the launch of F-secure mobile security application, android mobile users would be hugely benefitted by the key features which the application ensures. This application would provide complete defense against all malicious attacks and theft. This would be a great boon and a sigh of relief to the consumers. We are also aware of the fact that children have an easy access to internet on mobile and the rise in inappropriate content, we have thus emphasized on the need for parental control feature too. This is a first of its kind when it comes to mobile security application,” Mr. Amit Nath, Country manager, F-Secure - India and SAARC had said.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer