- An Android* phone or tablet running Android and has Bluetooth.
- Connect your Intel® Edison board to a Wi-Fi* network, see Step 3: Get your Board Online.
- SCP using a host computer connected to the same network
- Establish a terminal to your board either Via Serial port or SSH.
Using SCP, copy this file over to your board.
Navigate to the location of SPP-loopback.py and run it in the background.
python SPP-loopback.py &
Install the Bluetooth spp pro app on your Android device.
Type the following in the terminal to your board.
rfkill unblock bluetooth
Turn on the Bluetooth on your Android device and make it Discoverable.
Type in the following in the terminal.
Find your device and pair to it (replace the MAC address with the MAC address of your device)
Select Pair on your device.
Turn on discoverable on your board.
Enable trust to your device.
Open Bluetooth spp pro.
Scan for devices.
Then Connect to your board.
It should look like the following screen.
Try CMD line mode to send messages to the terminal of your board.
If you're getting
Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.AlreadyExists
then check which devices you are paired with
then remove the device you are paired to (replace the MAC address with the MAC address of your device)
For more such intel IoT resources and tools from Intel, please visit the Intel® Developer Zone
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer