Blackberry's BBM app is already available for Android and iOS and now the app has finally arrived on Windows Phone. Users can sign for access to the limited beta version, from the BlackBerry Beta Zone. Blackberry says that the app is open for testing and feedback, but users will have to wait “just a bit longer” for the full release.
BlackBerry stated in the announcement that it focused on Chats, Contacts and Feeds in the release. Users can swipe left and right to move between these three pages, while common actions can be found at the bottom of the page. Users can access additional controls by tapping on a button with three dots in the menu.
BBM for Windows Phone comes with the ability to pin a contact to the Start menu for easy access. Users also get the ability to chat, share pictures and contacts with one or many BBM contacts. However the beta version doesn't have stickers which Blackberry launched last year. BlackBerry says these will be added in the “coming months.”
Blackberry has also added BBM Groups, which allows users to have a private group chat, share photo albums, calendars and lists. BBM feeds show you your contacts' latest status or profile pictures and if you want to chat with your friends you can just tap on their name to be redirected to a chat. BBM's beta version was spotted on the Windows Phone store earlier this week and the listing stated that the app will work with Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Phone 8 platforms.
BBM was rolled out for iOS and Android devices in October last year, and got over 20 million downloads within the first week according to Blackberry. The company had earlier said that it has no plans to launch on Windows platform but David Proulx, BlackBerry’s Senior Director of BBM Business Development, stated that the decision was “entirely market driven”.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (December 2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer