Axis Bank today launched a new mobile app called LIME that claims to be the first app in the country that offers Wallet, Shopping, Payments and Banking. The app does not require users to be Axis Bank customers and spokespersons present at the event made it a point to reinforce this several times.
The app allows any individual to create a mobile wallet and make peer-to-peer, online and offline payments. There is also an option to create shared wallets, a feature useful when a group of people need to pool in money for a particular purpose such as gifting, or planning a trip etc.
As Mr. Rajiv Anand, Group Executive & Head Retail Banking, Axis Bank said at the event, “this is one app to rule them all” and true to that LIME also functions as a comparison tool, letting users compare as well as purchase products and services from within the app.
L to R: Deepika Padukone, Shikha Sharma and Rajiv Anand
Users will also get an option to open a savings account digitally by filling in a KYC (Know Your Customer) form. In addition, LIME will give you the ability to keep a track of your spending habits and provide analysis. It also rewards you when you save!
A short list of interesting features is given below:
- Shop, book tickets, pay bills or simply recharge your mobile or DTH via LimePay.
- Compare prices across your favourite shops and shop directly from Lime.
- Book flight, train or bus tickets from inside the app.
- Splitting bills easily when dining out with friends.
- Track spending habits with ‘One View’
Commenting on the launch, Ms. Shikha Sharma, Managing Director and CEO, Axis Bank said, “Our effort has been to constantly innovate through the use of smart technology to meet evolving needs. LIME is the next big step in this journey.” Also present at the launch was an actress named Deepika Padukone.
We’re currently in the process of trying out the app. Stay tuned for the full review.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer