A report published by AVG has revealed that apps like Facebook, Instagram and BBM have the most impact on an Android phone's overall performance. The study also says that social media apps put the most strain on battery life, storage consumption, and data traffic, followed by gaming apps and shopping apps.The results of the report has been evaluated from data collected from AVG's own app which is said to be installed on over 1 million Android devices.
In the mobile gaming section, the report revealed that Candy Crush Saga, Pet Rescue Saga, Deer Hunter 2014, etc. are now some of the most resource hogging games on your device.
The report further said that many apps which claim to stablise your device performance by regularly cleaning and optimising it are of no use as they usually have the habit of constantly killing apps in the background, even when it is not required. Apps like Clean Master put a lot of stress on your battery, performance, data consumption and storage.
Check out the results below:
To read the entire report, click here.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers worth trying out (2016)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer