WhatsApp has released a new update for iOSWhere to buy 3528 4354 16090 users, who will now be able to get their messages read out loud through Siri, Apple’s voice based AI assistant. The update has rolled out to all iOS users globally and the same will work for those who are on iOS version 10.3 or above.
The latest update to the chat app brings some more small tweaks and interface changes. It is now possible to select multiple statuses on the ‘My Updates’ screen. The voice call icon has been replaced with a ‘+’ icon, which opens up a contact selection menu for both voice and video calls. In addition, the update also brings support for the Persian language.
A few Interface changes can also be seen on the new version 2.17.2 of WhatsApp. For instance, the two-step verification process has been simplified, contact and group info sections have been revamped and the camera has been modified to remember its last usage state.
As far as using Siri with WhatsApp is concerned, the voice assistant already had the ability to compose WhatsApp messages. To use Siri with WhatsApp, users will need to give their iPhones permission to access WhatsApp data.
While this will let iPhone users use Siri to compose, read messages and make calls on the platform, it will also send “some” of your WhatsApp data to Apple in order to “process your requests.” It is not clear what part of your data will be sent Apple, however, if the contents of a personal message are recorded by Apple, this would be a breach of WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption policy, which does not allow any third-party to access this private data.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer