Apple has announced a announced a new app called 'Move to iOS' that makes it easier for Android users to switch to the iPhone. The app is listed as a key feature of the iOS 9 on Apple’s website.
Apple has been trying to get more Android users to shift to iOS. Earlier the company had offered a step-by-step tutorial to ease the transition for people coming from Samsung, HTC, and other Android phones to the iPhone. Now the Cupertino firm is building an actual app that wirelessly and securely transfers your “contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, calendars, wallpaper, and DRM-free songs and books,” the company says. Although the new software was announced at the Worldwide Developer Conference 2015, it was spotted on Apple's website. The app will help users move critical information as well as rebuild the users app library. For free apps 'Move to iOS' will look at whatever apps you have on your Android phone and offer similar download suggestions for their iOS counterparts. Any paid Android apps that also exist on iOS will automatically be added to your App Store wish list. Apple's CEO Tim Cook had stated that the iPhone 6 would trigger an avalanche of Android users to switch to iPhone and so far he’s been right. The company has seen blockbuster sales of the new devices and the new app will make the transition even more seamless. The app is expected to be unveiled in fall along with the latest iOS 9.
At its WWDC 2015 conference, Apple has officially announced Apple Music. The music streaming service will be available for iOS users and will be launched for Android as well in the future. Apple Music comes with Siri Integration and gives users access to over 30 million songs. The company has also announced access to Beats 1 live radio station, which will broadcast in more than 100 countries. Apple Music has new features including 'Connect', which allows artists to share lyrics, videos, photos or even launch their latest song directly from their iPhone. Users will also be able to post comments, like and share songs, albums, on social networking sites.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices