Apple may be planning to bring its iMessage service to Android. According to a report on daringfireball.net, mockups of iMessage on Android are being circulated within Apple. These mockups range from the style already used on iOS, to a pure Material Design style. While this doesn’t exactly confirm that Apple will bring iMessage to Android, it does suggest that the move is being considered.
There were reports that Apple was going to announce iMessages for Android at WWDC 2016, but, that did not happen. However, that report also quoted a source saying that iMessage would “definitely” be coming to Android in 2016. Last year, the company did release Apple Music On Android.
A recent report also hinted that iMessage conversations may not be completely private. The app on the iPhone pings Apple’s servers each time the user enters a phone number. This is done to determine whether the contact is on iMessage, if not, then the contact will receive an SMS instead. However, leaked documents suggest Apple saves all the data from this activity and will make it available to law enforcement agencies if they are compelled by a court order.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer