To launch apps on Android Wear right now, you have to scroll to the bottom of the options list to see your installed mini-apps or use voice controls which don't always work. Android Wear Mini Launcher is a new app created for wearables that gives easier access to locally installed apps on your smartwatch. The app is available for free download from the Google Play Store.
To use the app you have to install it on your smartphone first, while the smartwatch is still connected. Then you have to open the app on your smartwatch to be able to launch the app grid for the first time. Swiping right to the top left side of your smartwatch will open the app drawer where you will be able to see all the apps that are installed in your wearable.
Android Wear Mini Launcher app is still in its early stages, and will be getting a lot of updates for bug fixes and installation issues.. The app works with LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live and will be compatible with the upcoming Moto 360.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear Live and the LG G watch were recently launched at the Google Play store in India for Rs 15,900 and Rs 14,900 respectively. Both the devices running Android Wear operating system, were introduced at the Google I/O conference and have similar specifications. Both the devices have a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 dual-core processor, coupled with 512MB of RAM, 4GB internal memory and supports Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity. The LG G Watch features a 1.65-inch IPS LCD screen and a 400mAh battery, while the Samsung Gear Live has a 1.63-inch screen along with a smaller 300mAh battery.
Android Mini Launcher app is available for free download on Google Play store.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Alternative Apps for your Android PhoneThe 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer