It seems like Amazon may be planning to release its own messaging app. According to a report by AFTVNews, the online retail company is working on a standalone messaging app called ‘Anytime’, and it has started surveying customers to learn which features are most important to users. The report notes that while it is unclear how far the app has come in terms of development, a customer has told the website that the survey implied that it was a ready product.
The website has also posted images, which suggest that Anytime might have a focus on messaging, with voice and video calling. There are mentions of photo sharing and video chats within groups with the option to ‘@mention’ other users. There are suggestions that the service may offer filters for photos and videos. Users may be able to play games, listen to music and order food in groups. Further, the images hint that the service will keep chats private and secure, and encrypt important messages like bank account details. Anytime is also said to connect users to their friends just with their name and without the need for phone numbers. It isn’t clear how Amazon plans to accomplish this, but it is speculated that it might sync with existing social media or messaging apps. It is noted that the service would be available on desktop, iPhone and Android. It is not yet known if or when the service would be launched, and if it would make its way to India.
If Amazon does launch its own messaging platform, it would have to compete with a bunch of already established services. Facebook already offers two messaging services in the form of Messenger and WhatsApp, While Google offers its Allo and Duo apps. Allo also comes with a unique feature in the form of Google's AI-based assistant built in.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices