Amazon has announced the launch of the Amazon AppStore for Android in India and 200 more countries.
Amazon further states that developers can start submitting their apps for distribution from today itself, though as stated in the press release, the App Store will be made accessible in "the coming months."
With this move, Amazon will compete with the likes of Google Play store and Apple’s iTunes App Store which currently hold 64% and 19% of the app market respectively, according to seekingalpha.com
The move has seen support from developers like Big Duck Games, creators of Flow Free and Imangi Studios, creator of Temple Run.
With this move, the Android-based Kindle Fire has become a bit more relevant to the Indian market.
A screenshot of the Amazon AppStore for Android
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer