Adblock Plus has introduced a new browser for Android and iOS devices, which is available for free on Google Play Store and App Store, now. The browser itself is pretty similar to other browsers, with the exception of natively blocking advertisements.
In its official blog post, Adblock said that the new browser will benefits users in three ways. Firstly, data consumption and battery life. By blocking advertisements, a large chunk of data is saved. The post also said that blocking advertisements natively will improve battery life by up to 20%. The second benefit is a user’s safety and privacy. The browser also has additional features to block malware domains and trackers. Lastly, it will also save browsing interruptions by natively blocking pop-ups.
The Android app of Adblock Plus was launched back in 2012, but was blocked from the Google Play Store in 2013 by Google itself. The Beta version of the browser was available to users in May this year, and over 300,000 people downloaded the browser. In its blog, Adblock mentioned the blocking of the app and said, “we have a rocky history with the Play Store – as in, we got kicked out of it – so it’s great to be back. Like we never left.”
At the start of this month, it was reported that Google was going to start blocking all Flash-based advertisements on the Chrome browser. The aim of this move was to decrease page load times and improve battery efficiency on devices. Earlier today, it was also reported that Instagram was going to introduce 30 second advertisements in 30 countries, including India.
Source: Adblock Plus Blog
Other Popular Deals
- Top 10 Android launchers (December 2016)The 10 best job hunting apps on Android
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer