The Intel® IoT Developer Program gives you tools, templates, libraries, and more to accelerate IoT solution development from idea, to prototype, to production. We support your development throughout your product lifecycle, offering security and manageability for deployment at scale.
Jumpstart with Streamlined Rapid Prototyping
We understand that you need to move forward fast, without reinventing the wheel. With our open-source developer kit, you get a comprehensive set of code and libraries that mean you don’t have to start from scratch.
- Project templates demonstrate key functionality such as handling analog and digital data transmission between sensors and pins on Intel® Galileo boards and Intel® Edison boards
- Tools that help you avoid doing repetitive, low-value tasks
Sensor and I/O Libraries
Pre-written and optimized drivers, functions, and algorithms for a variety of sensors, from accelerometers to heat and moisture sensors, and more.
- Low-level I/O protocols using high-level languages and constructs via libmraa C/C++ library
- UPM library with 100+ drivers for sensors and actuators
- Board detection is done at runtime
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) Options
Intel® XDK IoT Edition
Create, deploy, run, and debug Node.js*-based applications directly on your IoT device.
Using C or C++, Eclipse gives you full control over system component integration and performance optimization. Our instance comes with pre-built templates for using various sensors, Intel® IoT Cloud Analytics, and more.
Ease of use to quickly add sensors, using a broad range of code that’s provided by manufacturers. There are hundreds of Arduino-compatible shields for you to choose from to customize your project.
Purpose-Built Development Platforms
Choose from a range of development boards and kits, including Intel® Edison boards, Intel® Galileo boards, and MinnowBoard MAX* boards. All are built for fast, simple development and come fully pre-configured with a robust Linux software stack. Dozens of third-party expansion boards and sensors connect easily for rapidly testing out an idea.
Flexible Cloud Connectivity
Solutions support interoperation with a wide range of public clouds, such as Amazon* Web Services (AWS), Microsoft* Azure*, and IBM* Bluemix*, and more, providing you flexible options for state-of-the-art data interchange, storage, and analytics.
Intel® IoT Hub for Instructables*
To help you put these resources into action, the hub has self-contained modules that walk you through mini projects. These integrated ingredients encompass the whole IoT stack, from sensors at the network edge to cloud-based resources for data storage and analytics.
Move Beyond Proof of Concept
Once you have a proof of concept, you may be looking ahead to a functional prototype. It’s now time to get a taste of the Intel® IoT Commercial Developer Kit. The kit includes an Intel® Galileo Board, a variety of sensors, Wind River software and provides an end to end solution of APIs, security, cloud connectivity, and IDEs. So that means you can move your proof of concept over to a platform whose tools can scale as you add security and manageability. Once you’ve successfully verified functionality on the commercial kit, you can continue to develop on Wind River tools, and when you are ready, move your code to an IoT Gateway to add to industrial grade sensors and applications. To get notified when the Intel IoT Commercial Developer Kit becomes available, see the Intel Embedded Design Center.
Robust, Secure Connectivity for Productization: Intel® IoT Gateway
As part of transitioning from the prototype stage to become fully realized products, develop robust connectivity using the Intel® IoT Gateway. This pre-integrated set of hardware and software includes mechanisms to manage sensor data, as well as to interconnect sensors and devices and connect them up to the cloud.
Purpose-built Intel® processor platforms for embedded devices help meet your demanding performance and scalability requirements, as well as the thermal and space constraints. You also have options for features such as hardware-accelerated I/O, secure boot, and memory-error correction on these platforms.
Intel® Quark™ SoCs
- Low-cost intelligence to the network edge
- Securely managed
- Feature-rich operation in a low-power, single-core package just 15mm square
- Automotive, energy, and industrial
Intel® Atom™ Processors
- Outstanding performance per watt
- Rich graphics and I/O integration
- Discrete processor and chipset combinations or SoC designs
- Automotive, network equipment, and energy market segments
The Intel IoT Gateway includes Wind River* Intelligent Device Platform* XT, a customizable middleware development environment that streamlines your development, integration, and deployment of IoT gateways. You can obtain gateways through one of our Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance partners.
- Discrete Trusted Platform Module*
- Secure Boot*
- Mcafee ePolicy Orchestrator*
- Wind River Helix* Device Cloud
- Wind River Helix* App Cloud
- Intel® Mashery API Management Solutions
- Wired and Wireless Ethernet
- Mobile Telecom Networks
- Virtual Private Networks
Simulation, Analysis, and Debug Tools
To take you beyond initial development, simulation, optimization, and analyzer tools guarantee the best performance on Intel Architecture. Start accelerating your development and reducing your costs.
Wind River Simics*
Create a simulated environment to emulate how your unmodified solution would actually operate in the real world.
Intel® CoFluent™ Technology
Provides robust modeling and analysis that helps you create and validate system specifications.
Intel® System Studio
Includes an optimizing compiler, function libraries, analyzers, debugger and tracing tools.
Putting it all Together
We help you rapidly move from prototype to production, with minimal time and expense. Focus on creating innovative, high-value functionality with tools, templates, libraries, and other resources to accelerate development from idea, to prototype, to production. Lower your cost of entry into the IoT market and simplify your effort to refine and monetize your solution.
For more such intel resources and tools from Intel, please visit the Intel® Developer Zone
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- 10 essential Indian apps for Android devicesPerfect Viewer