So you have decided to pick up an Android device powered by Google’s latest operating system aka 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. Google has taken the best features of Android 2.3 Gingerbread and Android 3.0 Honeycomb and combined them to form Android 4\.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, with some new additions. The OS has been optimized for use on an Android powered tablet as well as a smartphone unifying the Google ecosystem in the same way that Apple has unified the iOS experience with the iPad, iPhone and the iPod touch.
If you have upgraded you Android device to run ICS (if it supports it), a new budget ICS tablet, or have purchased a new device such as the Asus Transformer Prime, Samsung Galaxy Nexus or the HTC One X (read our review), you will not only be able to use your existing old apps on the device but some of these apps are optimized to take advantage of the new OS.
So, here’s our list of 5 apps optimized for ICS.
Dropbox, the cloud storage app has been updated for optimal use on Google’s latest OS, ICS. So what’s new in this version I hear you ask? Well, for starters, the app has a complete redesigned look that makes the most of the interface of the new OS. In terms of features, the additions are as follows:
- Favourites give you quick access to files offline
- Bulk upload for photos and videos
- Renaming files and folders from the app itself
- Improved gallery view
- Much more stable app experience
You can download Dropbox for Android here.
- Auto text reflow after pinch to zoom
- Option to create quick controls (with easy to use quick controls editor. Add up to 3 rings, with extra controls like bookmark page, close other tabs, share etc)
- Possibility to set the User Agent string
- Fine tune quick controls behavior
- Option to use volume keys for scrolling
- Home button on action bar for tablets
- Gesture support
You can download the ICS Browser Plus here.
3. Notes for ICS with task Sync
Simplifying the activity of taking notes on your ICS device and synching it with other device just got easier with Notes for ICS with task Sync. The USP of this app is that you can sync all your notes to Google Tasks sync. You can sync your Syncs with your existing Google account to keep your notes and tasks backed up in the cloud without requiring you to input any passwords.
Some of the features of the app are as follows:
- Widget, resizeable and configurable
- Holo theme so it matches the rest of Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Automatic synchronization with Google Tasks
- Ability to set passwords on notes
- Move notes between different lists
- Search all your notes (not just titles)
You can download Notes for ICS with task Sync here.
4. Beautiful Widgets
If you are a widget junkie, then beautiful widgets is undoubtedly one of your most used apps on your Android smartphone/tablet. With the ICS update, the app has received a few new nifty updates apart from being compatible with the new OS of course. The features are:
- Multiple weather forecast
- Usual bug fixes
- Temperature displayed in your notification bar, with access to the weather forecast
- Web Skin Market with cloud to device communication: browse skins from your computer and apply it directly to your phone along with a new wallpaper
You can download beautiful widget here for Rs. 140.
5. MX Video Player
If you own an Android smartphone, you undoubtedly like to use the device to watch videos on the go. One of the best players available for free on the Google Play Store is the MX Player. This player too has received an update to run smoothly on Android 4.0Where to buy 2999 4999 8399 ICS. The update has fixed some of the bugs in the app. Some of the fixes are as follows:
- Fixed stopping playback when seeking video position in some devices.
- Fixed video playback error in 1.6c for some videos.
- Fixed battery/clock background color drawing error.
- Fixed resuming to incorrect playback position.
You can download MX Video Player here.